Tribe of zero (ToZ) Terms
ToZ is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:-
Tribe Of Zero
3# 2727 QUADRA STREET
PHONE: +1 (250) 590-9009
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our services, purchasing products from us or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Site.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
• Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
• Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
• To speed up your searches.
• To recognise you when you return to our Site.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology]. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by e-mail, post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in BC). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
• In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
• If ToZ or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us using the form on the contact us page.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of $10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
The standard registration fee covers attendance at all speaker sessions of the ToZ events which are scheduled to take place during the event. Coffee, tea, lunch etc is not provided unless specifically mentioned on the event page.
ToZ reserves the right to refuse admittance to any event it hosts. Any registrations cancelled at the discretion of ToZ will receive a full refund of registration fees.
CANCELLATION AND REGISTRATION CHANGES
If you are unable to attend, tickets may be transferred to another person or to a future conference. Substitutions in your registration can be made until 7 days prior to the event date via email to email@example.com or by logging into the registration site with your email and password (set up when you completed your registration).Cancellation requests received less than 30 days before the event non-refundable.
Please note that speakers and final agenda are subject to change. No refunds will be given as a result of a change in speaker line-up.
All cancellation requests should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS & SERVICES
During the event you on occasion you may have the option to buy relevant products/services offered by some of the speakers during their presentation. To make things simple for you ToZ will take all payments for any product/service offered by the speakers and bought during the event. You have 30 days from date of purchase to ask ToZ for a refund. Within this time frame ToZ will refund you the full price paid excluding any shipping and tax costs. Please email email@example.com with refund in the subject line. After 30 days ToZ is not liable and will not offer a refund and you will need to negotiate with the speaker you bought the product/service from.
The registration fee for the participation in the venue is to be paid before the event date.
In all cases when payment is not received before the event, ToZ reserves the right to refuse admission to the event.
Any product or service offered and bought at the event must be paid for on the day and payment must be taken by ToZ staff.
We accept payment via all major cards including MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
Overnight accommodation space is not included in the registration fee, however, there is often a discount available for anyone attending a ToZ Event. If available details are posted on the ToZ website.
TRAVEL OR PARKING
Travel and/or parking is not included in the registration fee. It is the responsibility of the attendee to make their way to the venue in adequate time.
ToZ is not liable for any delays or non-attendance resulting from delayed or suspended transportation.
VENUE CHANGES AND ToZ OBLIGATIONS
For various reasons, ToZ may find it necessary to change the venue, format, content or the timing of the venue. ToZ shall not be obligated to refund fees due to changes to the venue, format or content. If ToZ finds it necessary to postpone the venue, we will reschedule as soon as is practicable and your registration will be transferred to attend the rescheduled venue. If ToZ cancels the venue and does not reschedule, ToZ shall issue a full refund for the registration fees paid by the individual for the venue. Beyond the refund of registration fees paid, ToZ shall not be liable for any other costs incurred in connection with or due to the postponement or cancellation of the venue. IN NO EVENT SHALL ToZ ENTIRE AGGREGATE LIABILITY TO YOU EXCEED FEES PAID.