In the 1990s, when blogs first appeared, they were mostly online diaries where people provided personal accounts of their lives. Since then, it has grown to include writing and media on topics like news, politics, music, food, business and more – there are even blogs on the topic of blogging.
Like many emerging new resources, visionary entrepreneurs have recognized blog coordination as a marketing tool and have used it to provide information and updates to their clients and open new business lines. Since then, blogging has become a new and effective marketing strategy.
What is blog marketing
Blogging marketing is the process of using a blog to reach the target market of your home business. Originally, business owners had a separate blog from their website. Today you can easily combine the two to simplify management and facilitate visitor access. Many business owners use a blogging platform like WordPress for both their website and blog.
As blogging is becoming easier and more popular, many people have started their business from blogging on their own rather than building a business first and then blogging. For example, some food blogs are businesses in their own right.
Benefits of Blog Marketing
The nature of blogging makes it ideal for marketing because it provides new content to draw people away and provides a way for consumers and businesses to interact with each other. Here are some other benefits:
- Inexpensive to get up and running: For the cost of domain name and web hosting, you can set up a custom blog marketing setup.
- EASY TO USE: Most of the blogging platforms are easy to use. If you can copy and paste, write, drag and drop and upload, you can create a professional looking blog.
- Boosts Website Traffic: Providing advice, updates, and other new content gives users a reason to return to your company website and give them the opportunity to purchase.
- Improves search engine ranking: Google especially likes to search for and rate new content. For this reason, many entrepreneurs use blogging specifically for Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- It allows you to gain trust and credibility: People want to know who they are dealing with. A blog can be a great way to prove you’re an expert and provide helpful advice and other valuable information. All of this helps consumers spend money on your product or service.
- Interact with your marketplace: While most companies use Twitter and other social platforms more than blogs to share, blogging allows you to have a conversation with your marketplace. This gives you the opportunity to build trust and relationship, receive feedback, and provide customer service.
- Generates more revenue opportunities: You can accept ads and promote partner products and attract sponsors to add additional revenue streams to your business.
Drawbacks of Blog Marketing
Like anything else in life, blogging can have a downside.
- It can take a long time: It can take a long time to create new content and update your blog. Hiring freelance writers and a virtual assistant can help.
- Requires a steady stream of ideas: Regardless of time, one of the biggest challenges bloggers face is thinking of new content ideas.
- It May Take Time To Display Results: It may take time to build an audience for your blog. You won’t necessarily see traffic right away.
- It must also be marketed: You use the blog to market your business, but for it to work, people need to know about it, which means you need to find your target market and attract them to your blog.